Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Unknown.

I am the mysterious vapor, disintigrating over time, life's threads sewing me shut, ripping me open, offering me beauty on a silver platter, and then shoving me back down on the dirty asphalt; my face molding with the grime of the world, diamonds rolling down my cheeks and I become so aware of everything that I feel. I don't want the American nightmare. I don't want the blackness of the endless night...For to consume this lost and tangled vessel, to drag me along steel stakes and force feed me poisonous smiles is to defeat me. I want to explore the air, swim in imagination, plummet far into the white vortex that in some curious way will be my future. I don't want a map, no directions. I want to be free from the chains of the known, the world as we       know         it. And when my candle burns out, I will light the way with shimmering ashes, waving the blood stricken banner over my blistered sincerity.

Until then, I simply am.

No comments: