Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dusty, but Settled.

I am overwhelmed by a newfound sense of connectedness. Every tree screams my name as I pass, every piece of gravel grabs at my ankles as I step on their faces, tiny tombstones of fallen pride. I am distilled to my essence, meaning to feel every component of this earth and appreciating more than ever the sound of nothing at all. Mother Nature swaddles me in her thirsty yellow spotted leaves, tears full of rotten dreams and anguish, and I gladly own my humanness. After all, I am her daughter. Every frail stalk of yellow wheat whispers love and gratitude at my shaky knees, my bones bursting at the joints at every passing sprint through golden and green crop circles. Every pore in my body explodes nets of salty thankfulness as it grabs at the scorching earth, steam rises from the fertile soil and I am grounding myself in true beauty, living every day feeling like this inanimate place is the most perfect expression of God's love and creativity: a gift most undeserved. I am tearing down walls, building myself up, and in the most true sense, I am grounded to this earth because I am most in love with her.

No comments: